PYDOS – Prevention of Youth Drop-Outs in Sport
The overall idea of the project is to make youth active in sports for a longer time thus preventing drug use among youth and youth involvement in crimes.
In order to reach the project objectives, the following actions have been implemented:
1) To organize 3 joined sport events for youth that consisted also of trainings, sport competitions, sport shows and workshops in order to discuss approaches and methods for keeping youth in sports for a longer time period;
2) To collect, compile and discuss the best practises in order to keep the youth in sports;
3) To publish the best practises handbook;
4) To prepare and implement training on youth leadership;
5) To create a network of sport organizations and relevant stakeholders for further experience exchange and organization of joined sport events.
There are several project target groups: youth, coaches, sport organizations and municipalities as decision makers.