- to investigate the reasons that produce or accelerate the manifestation of the phenomenon of sports dropout in adolescence.
- Raise awareness among coaches, sports clubs, families and young people about the importance of prevention of the phenomenon and the direct and indirect values linked to sporting activity.
- To develop educational models and teaching methods aimed at preventing the abandonment of the practice of sport.
- Spread the values of sport and make children aware of the positive effects it has on their psychophysical development, their lifestyle and their active role in society.
- To share and converge educational models in which children, parents, coaches and sports clubs can dialogue and take an active part in order to optimise the choice of instruments and objectives.
Develop an European model of prevention.
Subjects and methodology
Management of a qualitative sample survey to children born between 2004 and 2007, who practice various sports activities: swimming, basketball, football.
The questionnaire investigated the motivations, the degree of resilience, the children’s relationship with coaches and parents on the topic of sports practice.
Download PYSD research methodology
Download Complete questionnaire for children
ASSOCIATIONS INVOLVED IN THE SURVEY